2017 Minnesota Walk for Victory
Join us for the Minnesota Walk for Victory and help us raise awareness and advance the life-saving work of The Marfan Foundation. Marfan syndrome is a potentially life-threatening genetic disorder, but people can live a normal lifespan if they are diagnosed and treated. Otherwise, they are at risk of sudden early death due to a tear in their aorta, the large artery that takes blood away from the heart. Alarmingly, medical experts say that half of those with Marfan syndrome are not diagnosed and are at risk.
Our nationwide walk program focuses on community and puts the FUN in fundraising! Grab a friend, join a team, start your own team or donate to a walker and help us achieve victory.
Get ready for some fun on October 8, 2017! Enjoy a leisurely walk with other affected families and friends and then celebrate with some snacks, music, games, and prizes!
Benefits for Participants:
- The chance to connect with others in your community.
- Your own personal and team fundraising webpage.
- Satisfaction in knowing that you are raising money to save lives and improve the quality of life for the many thousands of individuals and families living with Marfan syndrome and related disorders.
Additional Details & Deadlines:
- Raise or donate $100 to receive an official Marfan Foundation T- shirt at the walk!
- Online registration closes on Friday, October 6, at 5:00 PM EST. Registration at the walk is also available.
- The walk must go on, rain or shine!
Fight for Victory!